Since I had llama on the brain today I thought I would share just five facts about llamas to pass on my llama love to you today!
1. Llamas are a relative of camels – who are also wonderfully fun animals.
2. Llamas are very social animals so they usually live in groups of up to 20 animals – so if you have one llama, well, you should get another one!
3. Llamas can carry up to 200 pounds for a 12 hour stretch but are not ridden like horses are.
4. Llamas can spit over 15 feet away, that is NOT an animal to get into a spitting contest with!
5. And last but certainly not least, Llamas stick their tongues out at each other when they are angry at one another. Wouldn’t this world be a much easier place if all we did was stick our tongues out when someone makes us mad?
Gee llamas are great!